Tuesday, December 02, 2008

From Anonymous....

To Head of Trains/Head of Transport/Whoever is in charge with a sane mind,

Dear Sirs/Madam,

From the bottom of my broken heart, I sincerely thank you for trying so hard to build one of the best train circuits in the world. Then again, Singapore isn't really that large to begin with, so it shouldn't be mission impossible.

Though land area is not much of a challenge to you, there are other contributing factors which are actually preventing you from building a creme de la creme train network. Factors include:
1) Impatient, Kiasu Singaporeans who likes to pack each and every train carriage to the brim.
2) Gahmens, with their foreign liabilities talents scheme to attract "foreigners" to overpopulate our tiny island.
3) Citizens who insist foreign talents are too high classed to stay in AngMoKio
4) Citizens who thinks Boon Lay's the size of Australia.
5) Bosses who only care about profit
6) Maids who can't cook and mothers who don't give a damn.
Sorry, for I digressed.

But like any other jobs in the world, the rise to the top is always filled with obstacles; difficult clients, stingy bosses, lazy staff etc.. Hence, it is only those who can manage and overcome obstacles who stands out from the rest and rise to the top.

And here, I have to congratulate you for really trying to stand out:
1)Peak hour is already so peak, but you still instruct your train drivers to stop every 10seconds en route to every station. What you trying to show? Your train has fantastic Brembo brakes?
2)You actually instruct your employees to wear white gloves a la Michael Jacko to direct human traffic and packed more sardines passengers into every carriage.
3)When passengers complain that the frequency of trains is too low, you increase the total number of train services in a year by 900. I may not have a PHD in mathematics, but that probably works out to about 2.5 additional rides per day. Well done, we can SO see the increase in train rides. Now we probably can fetch 1 more passenger a day.
4)In order to ferry more passengers per train, seats are removed from each carriage. And we are talking about 20 seats being removed per carriage. Great. Now all of us have to pay $1.20 to $2.00 to stand during train rides. And when we complain, you come up with an excuse saying that by removing seats, standing passengers can have a more comfortable ride. Come on, use your brain. No brain? Use your butt. No butt? Go fuck yourself. Removing seats simply equate to more passengers trying to board each train. Result? Couple of cans of sardines more. HDB lifts can only ferry a maximum of maybe 10 residents at one go. Mr Head sir, may I kindly ask if theres a limit to how many passengers can our train ferry at a time? Or is the limit unlimited?

Hence I sincerely hope that your company do something more substantive and not just removing of seats. For me, I build larger train stations when there are too many passengers in "Transport Tycoon". When that doesn't solve the problem, I have longer trains. Probably when you are free, can contact me and I'll send you the game "Transport Tycoon" and you might actually obtain some inspiration from the game.

Yours sincerely,

Disgruntled-passenger-who-stays-in-the-far-west-and-is-afraid-that-Boon Lay station will-collapse-in-2015

0 comments: